Thursday 3 October 2013

Oxford was beautiful - the sun was shining & it was quiet with just a busker or two, sand artists modelling sleeping dogs, alongside the itinerants with their real sleeping dogs.
I pottered around the centre, main streets & side streets, as far as Christ Church College, walked around the gardens & had coffee in Pret before catching the bus back & speed walking back from town to collect T & KP from school.
We cooked chicken curry & made fruit salad for tea before KP was collected for Beavers, which she loves.
T & I visited Tesco!!!! to choose a special lunch for today - his school trip to Silgrave Manor(?)
Home, KP & so to bed then dinner in peace.

Today Kate came to clean, whilst I ironed, then I took three family photos to the framers so they will be ready to hang in the hall, which may have been decorated by now.
My planned visit to Bicester Village didn't happen - I lost the will somewhere, visited M& S Food & came home for coffee & some lunch.
I intended to mow the back lawn afterwards, but it rained hard whilst I had my lunch, so that didn't work either - I chilled for half an hour before B came home & we collected KP - T at digital leaders, to collect later.
B & E are having an evening at the theatre - TKP & I visited BCC - a local school - their Open Evening for potential year 7 students .
A newly appointed head to get them out of special measures, much improved, apparently.
We arrived early & had a look around for half an hour before the rather too long & tedious presentation - a DVD of the school, which we were about to see in the flesh, followed by EIGHT students telling us, in turn, what a wonderful school it was.
No criticisms at all - perfect!

Home for cocoa & bed!

2 comments:

William said...

sounds nice. I think I have decided that the presence of ice on the car yesterday morning means that I don't need to mow the lawn again this year.

Anonymous said...

I need to mow mine
m