Thursday 24 July 2008

Whew, What a Scorcher!

Too tired to blog last night.
AJ & I played tennis in Rowntree Park in the sunshine - she hits a lot harder than me!
We then ventured to Wetherby for a tootle around, then McArthur Glen Outlet , before home for tea.
After a prawn salad I set off for home just after 7.00pm. G had just finished mowing the field when I got home, so we could snooze together on the settee before bed.

Today was T & J day (school holidays)
We walked to the park to play on the swings, etc, then on to M&S for ice creams & * "Dinner for two for £10" for tonight.
J is an expert ice cream eater, right down to removal of T's dummy, lick & then dummy replaced - not a dribble anywhere.
We did collage, read, made pipe-cleaner things, played football, ate (quite a lot) & snoozed.
All great fun.
G & I went for a walk around the reservoir before dinner, hence I fell asleep before the desert.

* I highly recommend these, only available from Thursdays onwards.
We had pork medallions with cider & apple sauce with scrummy green vegetables, followed by Belgium chocolate souffle, with a bottle of chardonnay, all for £10, rather than £18.
Only in UK.

3 comments:

William said...

I had ´bacon and egg on a stale bread roll, less than a tenner and less than exciting. not pizza though.

Anonymous said...

Must have been spotted playing tennis, have been asked to play in a match on Mon night; was assured I'm not the last resort, which means that is who I will be playing with. Off to work at B&Q tomorrow, good incentive for getting on with the DIY at home.j

Anonymous said...

Not a good diet for long distance cyclist!
Being alone is a good excuse for healthy, self-indulgent diet, just takes a little planning.

Obviously I made yo look good,j.
I thought I saw the glint of binocular lenses in the bushes.
I haven't received an offer to be a ball-girl, yet!