Tuesday 22 July 2008

On the road again.

Well, just off it actually, having arrived at AJ's at around 10.00am.
The weather is warm but overcast.
I say "warm" because the car thermometer registered 19 degrees.
I did have my doubts about this & turned the seat heater on full to gain a little comfort.
The M1 was very busy with lorries & people who get in front of you & don't go fast enough.
This is better than the 42 though, which has two lanes of trucks & no third lane of escape.

I am trying not to sit down for too long as I spent yesterday gardening & playing tennis (with a little light shopping in there somewhere).
We abandoned the garden at 9.00pm & went in for dinner & to watch "Dragons' Den"(highly recommended)
I fell asleep, briefly, & then found that my agile, well-honed body had been replaced by that of an old woman, bent double & groaning with every slight movement.
I did manage to stagger to the kitchen for coffee & freshly baked banana cake - I do have G to serve - then read the blogs & checked flights to CPH, before falling asleep again.
The only way to beat the pain is to exercise, so I need to keep on the move.
Does anyone know of any drugs that will help?

Off for a walk, we may reach York if AJ doesn't play-up!
We are going to see "Mamma Mia" tonight.
By "tonight" I mean "early evening" so that we can see the film, eat & sleep, in that order.
It has a very good write-up in the York Press, so it must be good.
"One for the girls" according to G.

News Flash!!! "Mamma Mia" was great, a real giggle with the audience applauding - quite a lot of enthusiastic youngsters there along with the more mature fans.
You may note the hour.
We walked into York, had a lovely lunch at "The Piano & Pitcher", sitting in the sunshine by the river, & then went to the matinee, next door.
Watching "Ten Years Younger", with a glass of wine.
I shall be taking AJ around York, getting the locals to guess her age, tomorrow!

5 comments:

William said...

Sounds awful (the film that is) say hi to Aj from us and let me know if/when you book flights. MK and I had an idea that you could rent a car in Malmo, driv to Stockholm over a couple of days then take a boat to Helsinki for a couple of days and then end the trip in Estonia and fly home from there. Just an idea...
W Jnr

Anonymous said...

Sounds good.
We thought about travelling East, any further thoughts/info gratefully received.
m

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great agenda. Have you any more details? interesting - |i'm told Tallin in v picturesque so worth a day or two.
GBN

William said...

I haven't looked into the itinerary yet, I think you could fly home directly from Talin relatively easily. Hiring a car in Sweden should be better than DK and the either go direct to Stockholm or stop off half way. I am told there are lots of trees to see in Sweden. MK thinks there could be a week of entertainment in Stockholm, but I think a couple of days may be enough then off to Helsinki and Talin after another couple of days.
Ferries here http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/
Flights? Maybe one of the lowcost companies flies direct?

Anonymous said...

Only 3 weeks away, so we must get organised.
m