Wednesday 2 July 2008

Well, Murray major is still in!

Short blog.
A lazy, indulgent day.
We are going to Henley on Friday, I was preparing for a touch of glamour with welly boots.
We read the invitation at breakfast, we board a launch at 10.30am & drink champagne & eat, with a good view of the racing for the rest of the day.
Smart dress, wellies not mentioned!
I played tennis, went to the gym for a swim & then shopped successfully for a black straw hat (not too large), a pair of smart sandals & a black "shrug". (garment with sleeves that covers the shoulders)
AJ phoned me with a Wimbledon report whilst I was out so that I got home in time for THE match.
I thought that AM played very well, he just wasn't good enough to beat Nadal. The follow on match on the BBC was Jamie Murray + partner winning their mixed doubles.
He's a bit of a wild card, with an amazing reach & a propensity for poaching.

I have done loads of washing & ironing & shortened a dress since getting home, in between play - I must be shrinking, it's all this standing up.
I shall go to bed & grow a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little time to comment unless it is the changeover at the net or when a trainer is called.Only time to hull the strawberries at the start of a match whilst they are knocking up or during a rain break. Money has to be on a Williams/Williams ladies final.aj

Anonymous said...

Yes.
g