Friday 18 July 2008

Home again.

I have been in Bournemouth since Wednesday morning, finishing the packing up & cleaning in readiness for the new owners/tenants.
J, G & family came on Wednesday afternoon, ready for a hospital check up for the twins on Thursday morning. O & I went to the beach & the park for the morning. The most spectacular sandcastles are being built on the beach at Boscombe, using trucks & cranes - O was very impressed.
I set off for home at 11.00am, planning to drive through the New Forest, stopping at Christchurch, Lymington & Lyndhurst en route.
There was heavy traffic going South, holiday traffic I presume - there was certainly plenty of room on Bournemouth beach for them.
Unfortunately there was heavy traffic going North as well by mid-afternoon so I didn't get home until 5.30pm; time for a bath before G came home.
We have been to Coleshill to the Balti restaurant for a meal, which was brill - prawn on puri, followed by a chicken dish with almond, coconut & mango.
Home for a Dramduie & G asleep on the settee.

Lymington.


I am tempted to post another pic of some controversial dish to get the comments going.

Toad in the hole?



I have topped 5000 hits - wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

because to can't get British bangers here and it doesn't taste as good with expensive meaty sausages I have perfected it with smoked, streaky, crispy bacon. All who eat it love it. My cooking instructions, using Jamies recipe ie three eggs, are - oven as hot as it goes for about 20 mins. The rising process is simply boiling the batter till of sets.
Wrm

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "expensive meaty sausages"?
We use Lashford's best pork or M&S premium pork. I defy you to find a better sausage.
Your vrsion sounds good, but even more calorific, the reason that we rarely partake.
The more eggs in the batter the better.
g