Monday 7 July 2008

I could have swum..............

Hi from Ringsted, very full of pizza & fine red wine.
G dropped me at East Midlands Airport t 1.00pm yesterday, for the 3.55pm flight with Sterling.
This was already listed as one & a half hours late, so I pottered, had a coffee & waited.
There was a cloudburst, hail & sleet so that the tarmac looked like the sea & those lucky enough to have flights to board, paddled to the planes & were drenched.
Our flight left some time after 5.30pm, flew for 40minutes, then flew back to EMA as we did not have permission to fly across London airspace.
We parked up, submitted new plans, refuelled & eventually left again, arriving at about 9.15pm (10.15 local time)
I was fortunate in sitting next to a charming, well-travelled middle-aged man who chatted for most of the time, secured a bottle of wine for me& saw me through airport.
W met me, J asleep in the car, having been pottering for 3 hours.
What a star!

Today, J & I have been out to play, feed the ducks & buy rye bread - all great fun.
We have been to see K & son - a little poppet, who should be home tomorrow - photo on W's Little World.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems the world is arriving in Copenhagen.Dick and Chris decided on a last minute trip there. may or may not catch up with you,have supplied address and relevant phone nos. j

Anonymous said...

Awaiting calls from the rest of the world.....
g

Anonymous said...

Dropped you at 2.00 having watched start of BGPat 1.00. G