Sunday 13 July 2008

Leatherhead or bust!

Today I had a lie in.
Yesterday I was up & off by 6.15am to collect Nick & continue down to Boscombe to help J,G & family to move.
G drove the big van to Poole to collect stored goods & Rob -(more muscle), then on to Boscombe, where we spent the day packing & loading.

O had a great time running around & unpacking boxes, so we had an hour on the beach in the sunshine, before lunch. I am always surprised at how few people there are on the beach, on a nice day, in the middle of the summer.
The twins were very good, feeding, cuddling & sleeping.

We arrived at Leatherhead by 8.00pm & did most of the unloading.





The flat is really nice& spacious.
AM & N arrived with plates, chairs, a wonderful Thai meal & a crate of cold beer & ginger beer, along with bread & milk .
Get AM to organise your next event, she is faultless!




I drove Nick home & then arrived home at 1.30 am, rather weary.
G stayed with AM & will be home later.
I have had a lazy day so far - I planned to cycle to the shop to buy a paper, but it was too late by the time I had decided how to carry it home.
I was going to garden, but I started this & then fell asleep.
I shall have a cup of tea & fetch the wheelbarrow........... enough of this lazing about!

3 comments:

William said...

I am surprised that you didn't elaborate on the crocodile who helped with the moving...

Anonymous said...

The "croc" is wearing a hat & is called "leatherhead".
The tuktuk is actually used by a Thai restaurant in Poole, for deliveries.
m

William said...

Well fancy that!