Saturday 18 January 2014

The big chill.

It is 5 degrees in the kitchen, a little warmer in the lounge as I've just put the fan heater on.
There was a water leak from the bathroom, down the newly decorated hall wall and across the ceiling, early this week.
I put it down to a leak from the bath waste, under the shower and just used the shower, which seemed to work as an interim measure.
I went to the gym on Wed morning, then on to Bicester to have a potter around the shops and collect T and KP from school.
I stayed for a couple of nights, which was great fun, as usual.
I was well entertained from 6.30am, by T and KP, until bedtime - comparing our reading material, reciting poems, music practice.......
I ventured into Bicester Village for coffee.
I did try on the odd fleece and gilet in North Face, having gone off Berghaus as my newest fleece has pilled badly after only a couple of washes.  
No sale though - too expensive.
I arrived home at about 7.30pm yesterday to find the hall ceiling dripping, ceiling paper ballooned and the wallpaper blistered.
Ben came over - my hero of the day - and spent over 4 hours sorting out the problem - either a gasket on the tank outlet or a new tank needed.
He has drained and labelled everything ready for the plumber next week and managed to restore the cold water supply, so only hot water and heating missing.
I have  a lounge fire to sit by whilst I prepare my sermon and may then go in the garden to clear some leaves, if it is still light by I've finished.
The power shower, fan heaters and dishwasher will cope until the plumber comes next week to access the job - 4 layers of clothing are working well at the moment.
Yesterday evening I wore my onsie - Christmas present from B and E - it was really warm and cosy -I love it!
I went to the gym this morning after B went home, Keith came to bring the Xmas tree blocks from church, to store, I've had two cappuccinos, a lump of cheese and I'm ready to face the sermon:
 John . 29 - 42.
I hope that it's straightforward but I doubt it - anything from "John" is usually a challenge!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

3 comments:

William said...

I think you just need to stop wearing fleece. Trinny and Susanna don't approve of it.

Anonymous said...

Fleece or even double fleece has a lot to recommend it when faced with systems failure in your plumbing..

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with my plumbing - I'm in full working order!
I do have a leaky hot water tank.
g