Monday 20 January 2014

Still chilly.

Winterwatch" has just informed me that it may be 2 degrees hotter in a wood pile than in the surroundings - perhaps I should bring in a few more logs and build a shelter!
Not a problem really as I have the answer to the chilly conditions whilst awaiting the plumber's visit on Thursday morning - get out and about and keep active.
This works really well during the day - this morning I went to the gym at 8.00am, tennis was cancelled due to the freezing temperatures, so I went on to Solihull to shop and have coffee before collecting Th, from Nanny's (impetigo) then J from school, cooking tea and playing football.
Shopping was a triumph - jeans from M&S, size 12 - 60% off and a brill Kaliko dress, size 12, black fitted and a bit short, to wear with my tartan sash for Burns' Night.

On Sunday I went to Sh church - as cold as home - took the service at NW, came home and mucked out the chicken and the stable, which had not been touched since the demise of Primrose, the goat, 4 weeks ago.
I then cooked a nice joint of beef, prepared the rest of the meal, made a sponge cake and took it al lover to P&A's for dinner, having decided that the house was too cold for them to come here, even with heaters on.
The meal went very well - the Yorkshire pudding didn't quite rise to the occasion, but tasted good

Jan too busy for Salsacise so giving it a miss tonight, planning an early night to try and get on with "The Luminaires" - Mann Booker prizewinner that W & MK gave me for Xmas - a very heavy tome that needs concentration and time.

I'm really enjoying the gym - I do the usual gentle machines, 1.2km on the rowing machine - building it up -  then some of the weight ones, then a swim, shower and home, feeling great.
I'm making good use of my membership - I'm hoping to spend tomorrow in the garden, if the weather allows.
If another frost, I'll go to the gym first thing, otherwise, at the end of the day.

Time for bed - thank goodness for the electric blanket and my amazing onsie!
 

No comments: