Thursday 23 January 2014

Succumbed!

The house seemed colder than ever this morning but I was thrilled when I came downstairs at first light as my one remaining chicken, who had gone AWOL last night, was pecking up crumbs by the shed.
Thank you God.
Next good news was perfect BP, measured by the practice nurse -  one sleepless night and a couple of forgotten pills added to a fair level of stress had given me cause for concern.
Friends came for coffee and cake - the kitchen and conservatory warm and cosy thanks to electric heaters and a good fire, now drawing well, in the lounge, made the downstairs warm for the first time for a week.
The plumber, Jeff, came at 3.00pm and spent three hours under the wash basin, kept going with tea and cake. New tank not needed - third bit of good news for the day.
He's coming back tomorrow - lots still to do before the hot water and heating return.
Jan came for coffee and a chill, I started Sunday's sermon and ate a steak and grilled tomatoes, before folk came for the Bible discussion group, which went very well and saw the back of most of the cake afterwards.
The lounge is warm and cosy , having had a good fire in all day - I have succumbed and am snuggled up on the settee in my onsie, under a duvet for the night, gym kit ready for the morning.
The bedroom is very cold.
Hopefully, the heating will be back on by tomorrow night and I'll go back to bed.

No comments: