Wednesday 8 January 2014

Happy Birthday Elvis.

Elvis would have been79 today, had he not died prematurely of obesity and drugs.
I looked up two birthday sites and only knew a handful of the names on either site - the first was too academic, the second too "popular"
Elvis, Ron Moody, 90 and Stephen Hawking, 72 and David Bowie, 67 appeared on both.
I wonder which of them is most widely known.

I'm in bed in my onsie, thinking that I may be far too warm and that I should change as it's only really your shoulders that get cold if you stay awake reading after the heating curfew.
It's been a cold, windy day since about 11.00am - we started playing tennis in bright sunshine, it clouded over and then a cold wind blew up - I don't think that I've been warm since then.
I went to Ventura Park to buy paint for the conservatory, intending to come home and paint it before the light failed - I knew in my heart of hearts that I was really going to M&S to have a look at the sale first.
That necessitated coffee and a delicious small beef baguette - a new tasting menu, £1.50 - a bargain.
I'd not had breakfast as I left in a hurry for tennis.
I have a navy blue furry fleece and a pot of Autumn Fern 4 paint, mixed specially for me in Homebase - not sure that I've got it right, but it's a scrummy caramel colour.
Home too late to paint, so tea and "Pointless", TV and e mails.
What a waste of time.

Church Xmas trees out tomorrow so about 7 layers of clothing needed - I'll take coffee and biscuits for the troops!

2 comments:

William said...

I'm pretty sure you needed another fleece!

Gill said...

I needed this one - soft, light and new for my hols.
m