Wednesday 22 January 2014

Silver linings.

It has taken me five days to find it, but I'm at last appreciating the benefits of having no heating.
Today Mr Patrick came to sweep the lounge chimney - it wasn't done last year and was smoking.
This was in part due to the birds nest that had been built on the top, which he removed.
He came in through the front door, with his equipment and I could just leave the door open for an hour with no loss of heat.
I think that I'm becoming acclimatised to the cold - there wasn't a frost last night - fortunate as the plumber has phoned and won't be here until tomorrow at 3.00pm, instead of 8.00am.
Another day in the chiller!
Actually, it won't be as I have friends coming for coffee and cakes in the morning, so shall get the house warm early on, then sit back and enjoy it.
I've spent the whole day cleaning and baking in preparation - a fruit cake in the oven, finishing off - Malteser cake, coffee cake and shortbread done.
Bible discussion here tomorrow evening, to finish eating the cake and discuss the reading from last Sunday's sermon.
BP check in the morning - what's the best policy to ensure a low reading? 

No comments: