Tuesday 11 June 2013

Raining.

Today I planned to mow the lawns, assuming that it would be dry.
Amazingly, it has just started to rain, so it may call for a change in plans - the house is in a state of flux as I've been reassessing the contents of the downstairs rooms/packing away/ giving away & generally reorganising.
A morning/day spent finishing at least one room would be good.
I had a brilliant day yesterday - the best for many weeks.
I was up early to sweep the yard - a wheelbarrow full of bits off the oak tree, in the main - followed by a thorough clean & move for the chickens, then a bath before going to Coleshill for a manicure & pedicure.
I now have shiny purple toenails, with which I am delighted - no polish on fingernails as it doesn't last long with housework & gardening.
I insured & taxed the Lotus, so all systems go - I do hope the sun comes out again as forecast.
It is still for sale, if you are interested - much better deal when on the road - MOT planned before 13 July.
Tomorrow I shall "split the breeze".
I went on to have coffee with a friend & then collected J & Th from school.
They were on great form - J had only scored 9/10 in her spelling test as she had forgotten to learn the words.
The one wrong - circumspection!!!!
J is 9!

I came home via JS to take on baking requisites, visited a friend en route & arrived home at the disgusting hour of 9.30pm, had a smoked salmon sandwich (sorry W) & an earlyish night, then spent until 2.00am catching up on emails.
Not a good idea - crampy legs from supporting the laptop & too tired.

A whole day to myself - I shall move mountains today!

4 comments:

William said...

I can't even remember what circumspection means!

Anonymous said...

I think its when you think around things, sort of.
Does it have a Danish equivalent?
m

Anonymous said...

Looking on all sides, wary, cautious.

Anonymous said...

So someone has a dictionary.
Well done anon.
g