Tuesday 18 June 2013

Day 2

Well, I would rather not have woken up at 4.45am, but it is a lovely morning with a warm day promised.
It may be that today is lawn mowing day, before the grass grows to knee height & will require the grass box to be emptied on every circuit of the lawn.
I doubt it though - I am having coffee with a friend, then plan to buy a new bed for the spare room, having calculated that the beds in there are well over 30 years old & rather pudding-like.
I have long wanted a double bed in there as 1. most guests are couples & 2. I will only have to make up one bed, not two & 3. there will be a lot more space in the room as when the grandchildren stay, en masse, they all like to sleep in there, necessitating 2 mattresses on the floor.
Have I convinced you?
I can then buy a new duvet cover to tone with the new wallpaper ( well, last year - old houses only get decorated on a 20 year cycle) - the remaining bed linen is all white anyway.
I shall also buy a headboard to add to comfort & protect aforementioned wallpaper.
I'm not sure why we don't have headboards in there  - an oversight?

I shall start the day with a bath & finish it bell ringing this evening.
I have suggested to J that we walk the one & a half miles to church & practice walking - the sat telegraph had a "Walk Your Waist Off" leaflet - I was relieved to find that I had been walking more or less correctly for much of my life.
Imagine finding that you had been doing it wrongly, possibly sniggered at by fellow pedestrians all of your life, & been totally unaware.
What a nightmare!

Enjoy your day.

  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

L R L R L R.......it's when you stop walking and sit down that you put the weight on your waist.

William said...

don't bother collecting the grass, it's a waste of time and you need to find space for a massive pile of grass every week. I think I halved my lawn mowing time by just leaving it where it falls.

Anonymous said...

That's OK when it's short - this would be like hay this time - should get organised & mow frequently then it could lie - specially in the field.
Good thinking - leave grass to lie in the field.
m