Tuesday 4 June 2013

Here comes the sun.

Apparently, summer starts on 1 June. It certainly did this year & we are now on summer day 4, with more warm weather promised. I even donned shorts yesterday morning, anticipating a morning of tennis. Unfortunately, this was cancelled as we didn't have four to play as some were on holiday. What else do you do pn a hot day, when you have been twarted? Housework - penance for believing that you should expect more. Actually, I needed to empty the large "Noble chest", as Keith was coming to repair it, ready to take the family archives. This got me going on scrubbing, washing & sorting, I worked my way through th scullery & kitchen, like a whirling dervish, with pleasing results. I dressed properly & went to Solihull to pick up J & Th from school, tea, after which I did a G & nodded off on the settee - along with a tired Th, before coming home for warmer clothes & out to dinner with a friend. A beautiful morning, woken by the cuckoo at very close quarters about 4.30am, so the chickens have had an early start to the day! Perhaps they'll manage better than the one egg today!!

No comments: