Tuesday 11 June 2013

Ding dong

I've just returned from bell ringing - I'm getting better, probably because I've gone for three weeks in a row - practice makes, well not perfect, but an improvement.
Maurice took us up to see the bells as I have great difficulty in seeing what they are doing - I thought that they hung down to ring - they don't.
Up another three ladders & a lot of guano at higher level - fascinating.
There are six bells, one a replacement after the fire following a lightning strike in 1887, the newest added after the war.

If you want people to come & see you, just have a lie in.
Keith & a mate came to mend chests before 9.00am, I had released the chickens & gone back to bed with a cup of tea, for a chat on the phone with aj.
They mended two chests which were suffering from overloading,then they unhung heavy carvings, ready for decorating. Brill.
Later, Brian, a retired polisher came to size up a couple of jobs, which he will start/do tomorrow.
Three rooms - the main ones are all upside down, all needing jobs to be finished before I can clean/get straight - next week perhaps.
The dyson is upstairs, that's a start.
A local phoned to see the Lotus - told him that he couldn't see it until the weekend as I'd just put it back on the road & wanted to drive it for a few days first - perhaps not the best sales technique.
I've just eaten a lot of biscuits - oh dear, not the best healthy diet.

No comments: