Friday 21 June 2013

Are you happy?

Today is the happiest day of the year, apparently - something to do with summer, holidays & optimism over Andy Murray & Wimbledon - might be more than that, but I wasn't listening too carefully.
I am happy - I plan a day in the garden, B popping in after work & friends for dinner.
I would be even happier if the mower was functioning, ie the blades lowering & then rotating.

Yesterday I caught up on the gossip with a friend/ex colleague, which took over 3 hours - 2 M&S coffees worth of chatting& then met another friend in the Food hall as I shopped for tonight's dinner.
I came home, planning an afternoon in Solihull, then on to friends for dinner in Knowle, but having bought mower fuel, lounged all morning, the threatened rain not having arrived,& buoyed by the beauty of the mown lawns, I revised plans , put on old clothes &got mowing.
If only the mower had played the game, the blades had lowered & rotated, all would have been well.
Then he rains came.
After 45 minutes I was wet & frustrated, with nothing achieved - I gave up & did the Solihull trip eventually.
Today's another day - I'll take the mower by surprise, then settle for taking out the dead bluebells & digging that top border.

I had a poached egg & banana at 5.30am - a bit peckish.
That should stand me in goo stead for a day's work..  
 

No comments: