Friday 28 June 2013

and then the rain came........

Wimbledon was wonderful as ever, we watched an outside court match until centre court play & then two great matches - Williams, Ferrer & an average one in between, before catching the 493, or a bus with those digits in some order, back to Richmond & preparing dinner for the four of us.
P & N live in a beautiful artisan's cottage in a quiet cul-de-sac - idyllic!
We hit the shops again on Wed - window shopping, of course & a few charity shops - Richmond prices even there - with stops for coffee, before returning home to  watch some tennis.
P & N took us out for a meal - an excellent ending to a enjoyable day!

We removed all traces of ourselves from the house, before driving home yesterday - quite a slow trawl for those unaccustomed to the M25.
We arrived about tea-time, watched a little tennis over a late lunch & had a nap before aj headed off home.
I had  two sheets to deliver to all houses in the village - a job I had intended to do on Monday, volunteered to do as there is a church invitation to go out then.
The perpetrator of these two sheets - one A4 thick & shiny + a flimsy A5 sheet had been hassling whilst I was away, so I then set out in the pouring rain to do the deed.
How I hate about 75% of letterboxes, designed to prevent the passage of papers, especially A4 shiny  sheets!
I arrived at friend J's house one & a half hours later, job completed, soaked from the knees down. A true friend, she took me in & gave me a cup of tea & chatted for an hour whilst I dried out & the rain eventually stopped.  
I came home , had a banana milk shake - my latest craze - whilst watching recordings of last week's "Apprentice"  , then a hot bath & bed.
Mental note - remove laptop from bedroom to avoid doing e mails until 3.00am!

Shopping for Sunday's charity lunch, here, today, then Solihull to collect J & Th from school.

I wish that I didn't have an insect bite on my forehead which has closed one eye & deformed my face, as it feels uncomfortable, despite piriton & antibiotics.
I probably look pretty horrendous as well! 

No comments: