Monday 18 July 2011

Heaven is.......

I've been pondering about this for a while & would value other people's thoughts - no guidance given.
I'll e-mail later.
If I manage to do that successfully, I may add "being able to contact......., to my list.

I cannot imagine why we prioritised a visit to the opening of the refurbished HSBC.
In my defence, I only knew that it was a social function at the bank, for selected customers - those daft enough to attend, I guess.

Moving on   torrential rain on Saturday, interspersed with mere rain.
Nevertheless, we had a good morning, ate all of the cakes & raised £170.
Yesterday I went to Shustoke church, communion, taken by the Diocesan education guru, who is about 7ft tall, with a booming voice.
Good for the visually & orally impaired!
I went on to NW to take the service, home for coffee & then out for a spin to find lunch.
We decided that red meat may be in order after10 weeks of fish, & went to The George at Balsall Common, because we were passing.
The steak was good, the watercress tired & the vanilla cheesecake, to be avoided.

I'm sure that you all watched "The Apprentice" final last night.
The best show so far.
I guessed that Tom would win (of course, you're all saying that now!)
How could Sir Alan let him go when he may just be "bigger than Dyson" as well as being so nice.
What a delightful young man, & an engineer. I would give him a home any day.

G has designed his shed & done the business plan.
This may be just what his life was lacking. he has two garages, stables a "factory", but no shed.
The shed is B's, never opened & considered to be temporary, awaiting B's removal of it.
I don't understand this stance.
It has mystified me for 16 years.

I find that it helps to ignore things that you don't understand, so I'm going to play tennis for a couple of hours, despite the weather looking far from promising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every man needs a shed, maybe his idea of heaven !
Reminds me of the traffic reports of a shed load on a motorway, a shed load of what ?