Tuesday 5 July 2011

Happy Birthday DK.

DK is three today!
He is the youngest of our grandchildren, now aged 7x2, 5x1, 4x3, 3x3.
He will be having a lovely day with J & all of DK's class mates at home - not many mums brave enough for that!
Schools are already on holiday in Denmark!
G & I would have been on the way there had he not had the leg/mole problem.
The trip is postponed; we have the Eye-Witness guides, so the experience will be finely tuned by the time G is up to sitting in the car for several days.

I have had a church fundraising meeting this morning with Di & Jan.
G is still in/on the bed, day 4.
It is another beautiful day.
I am only on t'internet because I have to take the car to "Ring of Bells" later so that they can investigate it tomorrow morning, when cold.
Getting it there is no problem.
Getting home is another matter.
I thought that I would use the bus.
After a lot of research, I find that I can get a train to B'ham International (3 min, £1.60), then a bus to Coleshill, then ????
Some buses come to Shustoke, the &!&, which runs hourly.
This will have to do.
I am awaiting a call from the RoB to see if they have a courtesy car available.
I've been waiting for nearly an hour.
I think I'll go out after lunch & allow plenty of time for the return.
Bacon sandwiches to build G up again!

Enjoy the summer weather, especially if it's your birthday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On second thoughts RoB is quite a good acronym for the Robbing Bastards at RoB.

Anonymous said...

The courtesy in car is always the service. RoB now charge £9 'admin fee' for a vehicle and always but always leave it with vapour only in the tank! Good for a stressful trip to the nearest garage praying you don't run out of fuel. Customer service!!

Anonymous said...

That will be the 717 then!

William said...

Thanks for the birthday presents and cards (aj as well)

Anonymous said...

You think that you've mastered these machines then they get their own back!
Strangely, it's the 777.
Explain that with the Shift Key.
m