Thursday 14 July 2011

HaitchSBC

We have been to the opening of the refurbished branch of the above, in Solihull, this evening.
G was invited, with guest.
I was not.
This was rather chafing as we are both "Premier customers".
There was a little food - dishes of canapes, offered around, plenty of drink & little else.
A speech from the Branch Manager & someone from Head Office, who gave the bank the above title.
I think that the first interview question should always be to pronounce HSBC.
If unable to do it, you should not get the job, whatever else you can do.
The Premier manager spoke to us at some length, shook G's hand & left.
I expressed my displeasure on both counts & we came home to eat.

This was G's first outing & he had a painful leg & was grumpy.
Great evening all in all, compares favourably with sitting in a bath of cold baked beans, I suspect.

Busy week, I brought Thomas & Jessie back here on Tuesday, after school, to see G & decorate a b'day cake for P, when she came to collect them.

I took G to hospital on Wed, all is well, apart from a sizeable crater on his right calf, still under wraps.
The donor site is healing well. We had a Church fundraising meeting here in the evening - all is going well - "Coffee & Cakes" here on Saturday, hence a baking day tomorrow.
I gardened for most of today, the yard & surrounds, in the hope of fine weather for Saturday's event.
We have some good Bring & Buy stuff, which won't sell well, but we are having a Church Stand at the Shustoke show, where it might.
Holiday due at some point! 

Try G&B's arabacia (coffee) dark chocolate.
Brilliant!
JS have two bars of G&B for £3.

4 comments:

William said...

I cannot imagine hauling myself from my sickbed to go to the opening of a refurbished branch of a high street bank. That the catering was below par can't have been much of a surprise either.

Good news that the legs are on the mend though.

Anonymous said...

"can -apes?" Yes, they can.

Anonymous said...

And they do!

Anonymous said...

Nor can I.
Never again.
m/g