Monday 11 July 2011

Happy Birthday P.

What a brilliant summer!
Every morning, almost, I seem to open the curtains & say "Another lovely day".
We played tennis this morning, in perfect tennis weather, then on to P & A's, stopping to pick up some big potted geraniums en route, for P.
Thomas & I had boiled eggs for lunch, despite it not being a Friday, then made a Lego Lightning Mcqueen car & a racing car, nearly melting in the heat in the process, as the conservatory was so warm.
I was pretty pleased with myself, directing Thomas, who did the construction.
Only one error, which Jessie put right!.

Cold pork, saute potatoes & stir fry vegetables for dinner. I've watered the garden with the hose & water from the well - T took great delight in using the pump yesterday.
B must teach him the theory.

I hope that The Telegraph doesn't end up in the mire, with so much corruption in the press.
I shall have to cancel my subscription if it does.

Apparently, "Stanley effortlessly combines the epic with the everyday" - I believe that he's an artist.
Perhaps that's what I should be aiming at.
I wonder what counts as "epic" around here.

3 comments:

William said...

I would consider your house cleaning to be epic, possibly the gardening and from what I understand, your use of the stairs may be entering epic territory as well.

In the longer term, I may also be open to labelling your patronage of M&S as epic as well

Anonymous said...

Heroic, above and beyond the call ...

Anonymous said...

I am a shareholder!
m