Monday 25 July 2011

Another scorcher.

I was up early to put out the dustbin, dead-head the flowers & water the plants as a warm day was promised.
We played tennis in beautiful weather this morning, then home for a shower, lunch, then off to Cannock High School. for a meeting with Barrie & Mick.
Tomorrow night is Chris's retirement do & we are to do the "Kingsbury years".
We realised that we had no anecdotes as we had actually just enjoyed all working together & making the school such a success - the most improved school in the country in Chris's second year, headlined in "The Daily Mail".
I had a few from the holiday in Bude; some work to be done on that before tomorrow night!

The satnav was determined to get onto the Toll road.
I was determined to stay on the A5.
Needless to say, the satnav won, but only for the last 8 miles or so.
Those of you who use the toll road will know that this counts as a complete victory.
I managed to avoid it on the way home, or , rather, on the way back to Ventura Park, to buy food, so could afford the odd crust!
G has removed this half of the shed in the field, ready for Nigel to start erecting telegraph poles tomorrow. He has excavated bin loads of copper scrap, so we now need a tatter as well as a skip.
I just want it to look like a gingerbread house & have a mezzanine.
I think that I may be disappointed.
We have a lunch party tomorrow - Phil & Marg, Maurice & Mary.
Salmon & asparagus, any ideas for pudding?

Torchwood has just started. Looks scary so I'm off to bed. 

No comments: