Friday 15 July 2011

Baking Day.

Eventually.
I decided that it would be a good idea to write my sermon whilst I was alert, having done some research last night - parable of the weeds in the wheat field.
This took until mid-day, then I visited Arthur, who is quite frail, to ask him to  the "Coffee & Cakes" here tomorrow.
G had mown the lawns(cut the grass, as he describes it) so needed lunch before we could continue.
I then baked - victoria sponge
                    -lemon sponge
                    -coffee cake
                    -malteser cake
                    -passion cake
                    -fruit cake.
   I am delighted to say that they all turned out very well.They just need filling & decorating, best done in the morning.
The house is ready, tables clothed, Bring & Buy table erected & stocked, in the kitchen, as rain is forecast for tomorrow.
An early night & morning are called for now, to ensure that all is ready on time - we just need a good turnout, in order to make  money, now.

The Co-op has Berio olive oil, half price & Aero mousse, BOGOF, neither of which is of use in cake making.

No comments: