Saturday 30 July 2011

Brilliant!

We have had a great day.
I went to the show at 9.00am - having got up early to make scones - to put my baking in the show.
Keith collected the bric-a-brac & tables with a trailer to take to the show field at Blyth  & G followed on, on his bike.
The weather has been superb all day long.
We set up the stall & gazebo on our allocated plot, sold all day long, selling loads of stuff & taking £245.
I won a prize in the Alzheimer's Society "stallholders only" raffle (no, not an elderly.......) &, to cap it all, I won 2nd prize with my Victoria sandwich & 3rd prize with my chocolate cake.The other entries were only the odd half mark off a prize.
The show was brilliant, a proper rural event, with lots of stalls, animals, tractors, steam engines, dogs & horses. It was a sell out.
You should all come next year.

We've had an omelet & I've done my "bit" for Malcolm's memorial tomorrow.
I've watered the garden, despite the hose pulling out of the fitment every 3 minutes & then soaking me as I put it back together.
I hate hoses!

4 comments:

William said...

congratulations on the awards. I could just eat a piece of victoria sponge preferably with some butter cream in it as well.

Anonymous said...

I'll post you a slice!
m

Anonymous said...

BAKERY PRODUCTS CAN DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH !
Telegraph: Wed. August 3rd
PAUL DANIELS INJURED IN SOOTY PIZZA THROWING INCIDENT.
Paul Daniels taken to hospital with head injury and black eye after complaining in first take that Sooty had not thrown the pizza hard enough.

Anonymous said...

I don't do pizza - too dangerous!
g