Wednesday 27 July 2011

A good send off.

Chris's retirement do was enjoyable with a very good turnout.
The Abbot Beyne staff did her proud, with singing, a DVD & speeches from a variety of sources. (only one with no stop button)
Kingsbury, her first headship was represented by Mick, Barrie & me, with some humour.
She was very successful at both schools & we loved "The Chris years"

Played tennis this morning, perfect weather. Please let it last until Sunday so that it is fine for the show on Saturday.
I went to Staples for poster making materials & JS for ginger oatcakes, after tennis.
I ended up buying stuff that I haven't used....
We put up the magic magnetic framework, the A3 card was too small so I used posh ceiling paper.
I'll finish it tomorrow......

Jessie has some Little Miss specs from today, she can pair up with T's Mr Bump ones.

G has been building the shed with Nigel, the telegraph pole uprights are in place, so it looks like the Norfolk tree circle. I like it in this state as there is a good view through it. I have suggested that we leave it as it is, but I don't think that this will happen.
Shame.
We have tomorrow to finish the display & sort out the goods to sell.

So the Olympic sites are finished a year ahead of schedule. Amazing. Perhaps we have turned the corner. 

No comments: