Wednesday 30 March 2011

Lotus stress.

The lotus started first time, after I'd put the roof down to remove the battery charger & put everything back together. It went very well all the way to the garage, where it failed it's MOT because the brake blocks & pads were rusty. Bother! Aj followed me to the garage & we went to Ventura Park, had coffee & almond croissant in M&S & a potter around the shops for a couple of hours until we could collect the car. We filled in a SORN online, so that the car police will not break into the garage, steal the car away & crush it, under cover of darkness. We had smoked haddock for lunch then aj went home as she has a squash match this evening. I was getting stuck in with some housework when Scholl phoned to say that I hadn't been for a pedicure for some time, & make me a good offer. Actually, I hadn't been for about eight years so Scholl must be desperate foe clients. Anyway, I took off my pinny & rubber gloves, literally speaking, & headed off for Sutton Coldfield for a footy treat. My feet were declared to be in good order & came out feeling ten years younger. I did catch up on the housework when I got home, so didn't eat until 9.00pm. (yes, more salmon, salad for a change) I feel a bit dismal , I must do some positive thinking - hedge, feet, weight, garden, the bit I've done, hairdo tomorrow, weekend, holiday. I haven't even finished the wine that we opened last night. Low calorie hot chocolate & bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive thinking..she doesn't know what she's talking about. Drive 130 miles to find you are playing squash against someone half your size and age ! But she'll have to play the No 1 seed in the next round and I can play another loser in the plate.
And by the way Thomas I do watch a lot of tv. O.K. aj

Anonymous said...

Good move to sorn it. The diagnosis re brakes is bollocks. all it needs is to be driven nad the discs and pads will self-clean! G