Wednesday 23 March 2011

home again.

I went to see JR on Sunday evening & have just got home.
We went to Frinton on Monday, it was a glorious sunny day & a first glimpse at the sea, apart from aerial views.
We had lunch at The Lock & Barrel, the only restaurant/bar on the main street, Connaught Avenue, in Frinton. Back in time for a nice cup of tea.
On Tuesday we took Mary out to lunch at The Crown in Linton. I merely ate a very large dish of salad & a black coffee. The white chocolate cheesecake with raspberries looked scrummy though.
Today we went to Saffron Walden, the scenic way, & had a potter around before going home for lunch.
I've reset the alarm, with instructions over the phone from the engineer, retuned the TV & put a new brass thingy on the standard lamp, removed from an even older lamp in the drawing room.
Who needs a man?
I'm about to have a bath before going out to dinner. I hope it's low calorie.

No comments: