Monday 14 March 2011

Chilly Monday.

A frosty night & -3 degrees this morning.
I was so surprised that I went outside in my dressing gown before 7.00am to look at the thermometer on the garage. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to put the dustbin out at the same time & it remains half full with the litter I collected yesterday.
I went back to bed ,& read for a while then put on gym kit (which looks a lot better now I've diminished some of the rolls) drove to Coleshill to do a few jobs, on to Knowle, then went on to the gym. I went from there to the dentist - two establishments in one day from which you emerge happier than when you went in.
I shopped in Solihull on the way home - facepacks from Bodyshop as I had a £10 voucher from the Telegraph, if I spent £20.
I'm not a Bodyshop shopper so this was an adventure.
If I am rejuvenated, I shall go back.
I bought a fridge full of vegetables & "Count on us" meals from M&S, had a nice cup of tea & a tea cake (breakfast/lunch) & came home.
I have just eaten a Cajun chicken risotto & a large side dish of vegetables, whilst watching "University Challenge".
I answered a few.
The good life!

The Bishop is coming on 27 March so we will have a united service for Shustoke & the Whitacres. Yesterday afternoon I decided that it would be the ideal day to have a fund-raising lunch, so phoned & e-mailed likely contenders to invite them.

I have over twenty already, so it will be sherry, cottage pie with green vegetables, wine/beer/soft drink, followed by nursery puddings.

All that for £7 or what you think it's worth (hopefully, more)

Eat with a fork, table not necessary, Danes need not apply!

Anyone local who would like to join us, give me a ring.

It's cold so I think I'll have an early night & try to finish The girl who......

No comments: