Sunday 13 March 2011

Sunny Sunday.

Eventually.
It was raining this morning so I abandoned the plan to walk to church, drove there & then on to Coleshill to treat myself to a "Sunday Times".
I settled down with a delicious salmon & salad sandwich with avocado & a little mayonnaise & black pepper, opened the paper & found I had no supplements. No Culture! No TV times!!.
Bother.
By this time the sun was shining, so I walked up to Coleshill (45 mins), collected my supplements & walked home.
At Blyth bridge I set off across the fields, a path that I've not walked along for for over 40 years, to escape the traffic noise.
It was delightful, round the edge of a couple of fields, across another & you are opposite the end of Hollylands. I even met three people going the other way, who commented that I was walking a long way for a magazine. (35 min).
Having seen a lot of litter en route I went out again for an hour to litter pick to half way down Castle Lane, by which point the bag was half full, leaving space for the other side of the road on the way home.

Nigel Slater's on TV, making me feel very hungry, so I may have to have an early dinner.
Unfortunately, I don't have any fresh Cornish mackerel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL done..... and a reward later. You should have had one of the sticks we give to people in our community to help clean the streets and paths . One of the doctors use this as a gym every morning.
t

William said...

I would have thought it would take longer than that to walk to Coleshill. Good for you - in every respect.

Anonymous said...

I have litter pickers but you can't exercise when litter picking, it's very slow.
g