Saturday 12 March 2011

A quiet night in.

Another quiet night in really with only David Attenborough for company.
It's been a busy week until today - school phoned on Thursday morning, the first day home, so I went out at 8.00am to school while aj went home, to work.
We didn't have any milk for tea anyway, so at least I had a couple of cups of coffee during the day.
It was a good day on the whole, only a couple of difficult lads last lesson; the set work was far from inspiring, with little scope for manoeuvre.
I went to Ventura Park M&S after school & bought some nice food for the rest of the week & spent too long looking at the sale.
The good news is that I didn't buy anything.

Friday was a lovely bright day, no coat needed. I went to the gym before picking Thomas up, we then collected Barbara & went to McDonalds for lunch.
Thomas was the only diner with both Grannies!

I was reading & chatting to G until nearly 2.00am (the first time I have managed to get through) so decided that I would have a lie in this morning & get on with " The Girl who kicked the hornets' nest".
I did get up by 10.30, put on old clothes & spent the day in the garden, tidying the borders & then washing & waxing the car when the wind got up, rather annoyingly blowing the leaves out of the wheelbarrow.
There are a host of daffodils in the garden, snowdrops in the wood & an enormous hole dug in the compost heap with footprints that look like a fox.
I had a soak in the bath, reading, to avoid aches & pains, did a load of ironing & had an early dinner.
I was asleep before 7.00pm!
I hope that the weather's good tomorrow then I can walk to church & perhaps do some more gardening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a serious effort to wind down for retirement.

Anonymous said...

I'm not good at the wound down bit.
I need a herb garden.
g