Thursday 24 March 2011

Happy Birthday B.

What a fantastic day for a birthday, warm & sunny all day.
I think that it was B's fifth birthday when the weather was like it has been today & we had a picnic lunch in the garden.
Can B really be 35 today.

He certainly doesn't look that old & I'm sure that I'm not old enough to have a son that age.

I should have taken him out to lunch instead of working all day.
Never mind.
I have achieved a great deal - ironing done by 7.00am, cup of tea & a chat to aj, then windows cleaned inside & out.
There should be a proverb that says that cleaning one side of a window merely shows how dirty the other side is!
I cleaned & vacuumed downstairs & laid the tables ready for lunch on Sunday, when 35 - 40 people are coming, raising funds for church.
Tomorrow is a Thomas day & Saturday will be a shopping & cooking day, so I needed to get organised.
I have gardened all afternoon, finishing the rockery, the bed by the conservatory & round the house as far as the front door.
I came in at 6.45pm, exhausted.
I've slept that off, for the last hour.
I shall never know what the DIY rescued house looked like!
Aj is coming tomorrow, the only family member to visit me since G went away thirteen weeks ago.
We shall enjoy the shopping & mass catering at the weekend, I hope.

Another fine day forecast for tomorrow.

4 comments:

William said...

and another proverb about spending an inordinate amount of time cleaning the house.

Anonymous said...

The best feeling is looking at the clean house, and the reward with a good cup af coffee/ the.
t

Anonymous said...

T understands the pleasure of having a clean house - perhaps it's a female thing.
Surely you enjoyed the house when ready for the estate agent.
m

Anonymous said...

T understands the pleasure of having a clean house - perhaps it's a female thing.
Surely you enjoyed the house when ready for the estate agent.
m