Monday 7 March 2011

Week 9

G has now been absent for 9 weeks.
I have spent one week on the Nile & one in Denmark, quite a few nights with JR, a few in York with aj & a number in Bicester.
I fancy a break at the sea-side at some point, but am open to suggestions if you live in a luxurious house with a fridge full of fish & vegetables & need a house-minder.
G has sent the odd e-mail, the oddest being the one where he commented that it would be nice to be home & see me for a few days.
I wonder which days he is planning to fit this in.
He has had fish nibbling his feet, I only hope that his callouses will not enter the human food chain.
He apparently did some pretty exclusive clubbing in Hong Kong, so God knows what he had nibbled there (suggestions not required!).

We have had a lovely day with DK, playing, out for a good walk & a little shopping, aj walking in front to obscure the sight line to the spotty countenance.
We walked to Netto this afternoon, managing to buy most of the items on the shopping list, whilst W did his Danish homework (grammar, I believe, not entertaining Mk, who was at work)
T has visited with friends & cake at tea time. J assures me that "Mormor always brings cake".
This is fortunate as J has a vast appetite for cake.
Today is "Fastelavn"; J went to Nursery as "The caped Crusader" (aka Superman), everyone was in fancy dress & they had a party, to celebrate the beginning of Lent, I believe.

All is peaceful, even the keyboard is now in English so I only need to use one, rather than two, spellcheck is still in Danish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denial is a beautiful and dangerous thing!