Saturday 5 September 2009

We have no basement.

Luke & Lucy'y wedding - the church.

- the guests.

The garden.


The rotten windows - this one's alright really, the lintel has problems.

What you can achieve with a chocolate button - note DK.

I am taking a leaf out of W's book, as he attracts a great many comments whilst no-one can be bothered to comment on my blog.
I note that the secret is to blog about health, bikes & the state of repair of the building.
G & I are both thriving, despite stiffness in the joints in the morning, soon cured by a few stretches & a good deal of flexing under a hot shower.
I shall suggest that we go for a bike ride later (after the lawns are mown).
My blue Raleigh bike remains functioning & has to date required no adaptations to improve its performance.
Admittedly, I do not ride it a great deal, but am well aware that its lack of high speed performance is largely, or, indeed, totally down to user weight : power ratio!
G has gone to Coleshill to collect the new belt for the mower - he has been out for much longer than he anticipated, not an uncommon occurrence.

We do not have a basement, which is fortunate as the water table here is very high & it would only be of use as a cistern - I would suggest an underground swimming pool, but I think that there would be insufficient headroom for such description to do it justice.
The window frames have patches of rot, which G is tackling, slowly, as time & inclination allow.
We have had the pointing done (that is not a typo) & will paint the exterior when G has done the repairs. We do need a new loft door above the garage, but none of those approached have come back to us.
Perhaps I'll make one out of old packing cases.
Are UVPC window frames really as bad as I've always thought.
They don't need paint & must last longer than these we have.

G had a Thomas day yesterday whilst I had a day of indulgence - I caught up with the laundry, played on the internet whilst watching TV (only for an hour or so) & went out at 2.00 pm to take some stuff to the charity shop & go to the gym.
We went to P & J's in the evening for supper, champagne & to discuss the wedding.
I slept better than I have for months. I just have to decide which was the deciding factor.
I hope that it wasn't the champagne!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, here's the deal. I'll leave comments on this blog if you promise not to leave the new croc tortoise anywhere near Bicester!
E

Anonymous said...

Mostly you have said it all.

Anonymous said...

OK.
It's a deal.
g

I have lots to say - nobody listens.
g

Anonymous said...

At least until you find it!