Friday 25 September 2009

Friday again.

Fred Talbot from the Met Office is doing the evening weather.
He's a strange choice - could scare small children, I think.
We have had a take-away (pp, chicken dhansak & pn), mainly because G bought cheap Cobra beer at Morrisons in Shirley when he & Thomas were out on the town.
I had a good day at school & then went to the Dog & Doublet with colleagues after school, or rather, I went after them as I had some work to finish & then did the washing up.
G was surprised as he says that I worked there for 25 years & never went to the pub after work.
How times change.
In those days I was always too late leaving to go anywhere but home.

A quiet weekend ahead. It will be a pleasure to spend some time at home & catch up on housework with, perhaps, a little light shopping.
G has door building in hand & has a safe to move up to church, ready to take the brass that has just arrived, replacing that stolen a few months ago.

No comments: