Monday 21 September 2009

Monday, Monday,

Was it the Bee gees?

What a fantastic weekend, weatherwise - warm/hot sunshine throughout.
Out in the Lotus, topless!
It was pretty hectic with no real chance to catch up on the sleep today.

I did take a couple of hours off on Saturday morning to have a bath & do my hair, as I felt a bit "neglected", before writing Sunday's sermon, then off to food shop in Solihull.
I did try to take advantage of BHS 20% off day, but the queue was ridiculous, so I looked & left.
I went on to P & A's to Jessie's birthday party, arriving too late for the traditional "putting out of birthday cake candles with spit".
J, G & family stayed overnight, P, A & family joined us for Sunday lunch, which was a noisy affair, involving roast chicken, pudding & ice-cream.
The children had a good scamp around in the garden in the sunshine before J & G left for home, a nice cup of tea & then a quiet evening - we fell asleep!

I took the volvo for it's first MOT today.
It passed, but new tyres needed shortly.

SPEC day tomorrow - off timetable, year 7 puberty all day.
Put your most embarrassing question on a slip, to be answered at the end of the lesson (& there'll be at least one to be laughed about forever)
Must beat 9,set 5 maths!

G has some good photos - later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you may find puberty will last longer than a day with year 7.

Anonymous said...

What a great thought though, all of the moodiness over in a day & then they're adults.
m