Tuesday 22 September 2009

That's puberty done with. (not the photos!)

A new resident in the garden/field - one of the leverets from the field across the road.

Harriet!


Jessie.

Photos from the weekend.

A fun day but hard work, the same session five times over with different year 7 classes.
Family photos to highlight changes between W & B pre-school & graduation photos, J between 20 week scan & the present.
I realised how much things have changed in my lifetime when I produced a "True/False sheet of facts & myths about development. My mother believed all of the myths & wouldn't have understood many of the facts. She certainly wouldn't have explained the meanings of "erection" & "masturbation", which many asked - many of them really are still little children.
The "SPEC Day" cake in the staff room & the "Be nice to Jamie " cake in the science office went down well.
That's my last baking for the staff this time !
Mick phoned from Holt school in Lozells; they're desperate for science staff.
I want a break & don't really fancy driving into B'ham every morning, despite Mick's assurance that it's a fantastic school to teach in.

G is mowing the lawns, having worked today & re-leaded the dining room window.
I only have the energy to blog, & that's on a good day.
6 days to go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets see the photos!
NO not the erections and masturbations!
wrm

Gill said...

What speed!
A comment before I'd finished the blog.
(No time for spagging, I note)
g

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a lovely lunch on Sunday - was great to see everyone.

Pxx

PS Photo isn't Sebastian - it's Harriet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoops!
I put one of Sebastion, then deleted it, after putting the titles, because it wasn't great.
Typo, honest.
g

William said...

Retired teachers shouldn't have to drive into B'ham every day. Come and see us instead!
(That is unless you can negotiate double pay for the B'ham job)

Anonymous said...

I'm coming.
I've passed the job offer onto the supply teacher in the science dept, who needs a job after Christmas.
I can't face the M6, let alone the work.
m