Thursday 17 September 2009

Anyone for a bus ride?

Another fine day at KS.
I've cracked the last lad that was giving me hassle so it's all plain sailing now.
I've been asked if I'd like to apply for a job in the maths dept when it comes up at Christmas, & after school the Head asked if I'd be interested in 1:1 mentoring in maths,* which all borderline students will be entitled to shortly.
Just teaching, without the extra responsibilities is so different; work until 5.00pm & you can be on top of the game.

My bus pass arrived today - free passage on any off-peak local bus in England.
I don't know whose photo they have used.
It doesn't look like me, but is familiar.
I wonder how far I can get using joined up local buses.

*I presume by me, not for me.

2 comments:

William said...

If you're really lucky you can get far enough to be totally lost. I guess that would be anywhere past Coleshill, Furnace End, Whitacre or Fillongly.
On reflection that may be optimistic...

Anonymous said...

Yes.
I'm sure that there is an element of truth there.
I always ask the driver where to get the bus back (not in Coleshill)
I can get to the NEC & use my rail card.
m