Sunday 13 September 2009

Indian summer.

Saturday was fantastic, weather wise.
We sat in the garden at 4.00pm in hot sunshine & had a nice cup tea, as a break from me gardening & G refurbishing the garage doors.
I went for a run around the block first thing & have the aching legs to remind me how long it is since I last went for a run. I was fine at the time, there was a mist over the fields, lots of wildlife about & only 3 cars to be seen.
I spent all morning writing today's sermon - a teaching sermon on James, writer of the Epistle, brother of JC. I found the research fascinating; one person agreed so the fact that a number of people in the congregation at Over Whitacre had their eyes closed, I shall put down to the bright sunlight, the heat, their advanced age & the fact that some people apparently close their eyes to concentrate more fully.
Indeed, at this very moment I am sitting on the settee next to G, watching the Grand Prix from Monza, having coffee.
G has his eyes closed, concentrating!
We are both working tomorrow. I am going to P & A's after school so that Jessie & I can decorate her birthday cake number 1.
I have researched "High School Musical" & think that I have a simple theme of red icing with stars, notes & a keyboard, that Jessie will be able to do.
It is quite breezy here with cloud - I've changed from summer clothes to jeans already.

Lewis Hamilton is in the lead, yards ahead.
W, MK & family should be home today.

9 comments:

William said...

I think you bored them to sleep. Someone has to tell you...

Anonymous said...

How could that possibly be the case?

Anonymous said...

I was trying to avoid that conclusion.
I think that it is a little harsh to say the least - I am a professional communicator.
g/m

Anonymous said...

I can assure you they weren't asleep in my first 'French club'. Ralph and Isla were hitting each other, T was switching the lights on and off, and was in a mood because he was banned from working the DVD, KP was like a koala around my neck, Keira was doing backward rolls and Eric looked bemused. But they all said 'je voudrais un chocolat chaud' beautifully, so we achieved something! Any classroom control tips for 5 year-olds and below?!!!!
E

Anonymous said...

offer the chocolat chaud ou froid as a bribe. Remind them the guillotine was french

Anonymous said...

Problem 1 - your own children always see you as "Mummy".
I think that threat of the guillotine may be a little harsh - you do have to follow the threat up at least once for it to be a deterent ???????
I always found that french brought out the worst in me.
Edward would seem to be the most astute member of the group.
g

Anonymous said...

Who is Edward?
Who is Sylvia?
Sounds like mind-games.

French for tinys??? sounds rather advanced stuff for me. Perhaps(for once) T got it right. Switch off the lights!

Anonymous said...

In French class I assume the identity of Helene, much to T's amusement and K's bemusement.

I don't know who Edward or sylvia are either. Perhaps the secret to success is to work out who is in the class!
E

Anonymous said...

No way!
Keep your distance & your alias!
For God sake don't let them find out where you live.
g