Monday 23 June 2014

Whew, what a scorcher!

A long time since I've used that title, but today the weather has been perfect - an Enid Blyton summer day for having adventures in the great outdoors.
My biggest outdoor adventure was probably taking the family to see the badger sett, before they went home this evening, although I did mow the lawns again, in dress and sandals, seduced into doing it by the fact that the mower started  and sounded very healthy when I went to put it away, behind the children's jeep, after they had gone home - I shook the seeds and various other bits out of my clothes later.
It must be feeling it's age as it now seems to flag after half an hour and want a nap - obviously an elderly male!

A lovely day, prepared lunch, vacuumed (mainly to remove the fly corpses) and went to church, coffee, then on to hear the same service at OW, to work the CD player for the service, then home to finish the lunch.
Family here, seven of us in all, eating in the kitchen to be near the open garden doors - delightful.

Delivered cake to friends - becoming a habit - replaced the two metres of turf along the verge, removed by the farm implement coming out of the field opposite, couldn't repair the road surface that has been likewise damaged from here to the farm, then went to see Jan and Chris for a natter before bed.

Replaced my freeview box with the new one so now have no TV as there were fewer connections - obviously I discarded something vital.
Wimbledon tomorrow - help!!  

No comments: