Sunday 15 June 2014

On the road again!

I'm surprised that I haven't blogged since Tuesday, but went to Cambs to see JR on Wednesday, coming home on Thursday evening, having done a good deal of sorting out, mainly to clear a bedroom for myself as he now has two full time carers, the second in "my bedroom".
The new carers are doing a grand job - JR looking good and the house feeling like home again.

Friday, I met Jan for coffee in Solihull, had a facial and picked up J and Th from school - shopping didn't happen as I ran out of time.
I went in the Lotus, intending to tax it, but was thwarted by the queue in the Post Office, so just parked obscurely and taxed it on Saturday morning in Coleshill, when I went tot buy food.
I managed a good few hours in the garden after shopping - sorted the border on the side lawn, planted some more perennials and even the rhubarb.
Jan and Chris came to dinner - salad, baked salmon with asparagus and jersey potatoes, chocolate biscuit cake with ice cream, cheese - light until nearly 10.00pm, so we could see the mole hill that had appeared on the top lawn.
Bother.
By this morning there was a mole hill on the side lawn as well - Arthur to the rescue before it's a quarry like last year.

Today, church (Trinity Sunday) then lunch at Olwen's with some fascinating folk, including a jazz singer, who regaled us after lunch.
We made a good assault on a baked salmon, a fillet of beef and large dish of coronation chicken before visiting Maxstoke castle open day, returning for deserts, which were amazing.
Home early evening, intending to bake but distracted, so it will happen early tomorrow - Malteser cake for Th birthday, tomorrow and cakes for Tuesday's coffee and cake morning.
I have a new, interesting banana cake recipe - James Martin, my latest culinary hero.
I still have to read Saturday's telegraph!
I must ask T to show me how to download and post photos - I've forgotten.  

No comments: