Sunday 8 June 2014

Pentecost.

An inspiring e mail from Bishop Andrew this morning,  about Pentecost, just before I set off to church, an hour in advance of the Family Service.
I was laden with coloured card, felt and tissue paper in orange (courtesy of Le Crueset) and red to make a scene of the disciples at Pentecost, being licked by tongues of fire - the children to compose.
On to OW for 11.00am morning Prayer - I didn't need my sermon notes by then as I'd been through it so many times.
I came home and had my customary cappuccino followed by an almost customary nap - those services are hard work, then a salad.
By this time it was raining so the plan to mow the lawns was off and I had to settle for watching the first two sets of the French Open Final - brilliant!
I managed a couple of hours weeding and planting the rockery before the rains came again, just in time to watch the final game of the match.
I went to Sh to take Evening Prayer - only three of us so we settled for the Evening collect and a chat.
Home for a cheese omelette and Russian chocolates and an evening watching recorded TV - not very inspiring!
Some fascinating e mails, including a lunch invitation and a trip to Maxstoke castle for next Sunday - perfect, as I have a weekend free of commitments. 

No comments: