Friday 29 November 2013

Home again.

From my break in Denmark with W, MK and the boys - complimented by being described as
 "a luxury au pair" - relaxing and enjoyable, taking DK to Bernehave/nursery (the boys are teaching me Danish, everyone else having given up -not a natural linguist!), two hours exercise, walking / shopping or whatever , then back home for lunch, a little light housework, collect the boys, tea then prepare dinner.
I have actually navigated my way around Ringsted and its environs with some competence - a first.
I have even managed to shop in the supermarket - no problem with vegetables and fruit - they look the same, apart from technicolour carrots (presumably to give some variety as Danes eat carrots the way Brits eat tomato ketchup - no meal complete without), packeted goods are more of a challenge as are  "chocolate marcipan bars" - a bagful brought home!

P met me at BHX at 9.40am with a scrummy Xmas coffee and saw me safely ensconced.
Home was as I left it with just a few more molehills on the top lawn, more leaves down and honeysuckle in flower???
No plastering done, the decorator coming on Monday and a "ladies get-together" here on Wednesday - where to start without causing chaos?
I visited M & M to catch up, ordered the Xmas turkey, etc from the farm and tried to make sense of the next week.
30 Xmas trees to be delivered to church next Tuesday, to be stood in blocks and wired for light, in position ready for the open weekend on 7,8 December.
Where are the 29 sponsors?
Will the Estate deliver the BIG tree by then so it can be put up first?
Have the others done their bits?
Is someone doing the wiring up of the lights, or is it me?
How can we heat the church - wiring has failed??

Up and at it - contact tree sponsors then to Solihull to buy wallpaper for dining room from Laura Ashley - Morris is just too expensive, food shop then collect J & Th from school, for a sleepover.

No answers yet
 

No comments: