Saturday 2 November 2013

Home again


I appear to have got up during the night and put another duvet on the bed, so I must have felt the chill at some point.
Just in case, I lit a fire in the lounge this evening.
A good move as a friend came round and we spent the evening chatting, over coffee, by the fire.

This morning I got up at a gentle pace, having written tomorrow's sermon - Zacchaeus, that very little man, who climbed up into a sycamore tree, the saviour so to see - I wore my new jeans, which feel perfect - a good fit all round, bought yesterday in exchange for the birthday flowers that M&S got so wrong, three times.
I got my exercise for the day by running to Jan's and then spending four hours walking around "Antiques for Everyone" at the NEC, with Chris.
He is a mine of information, especially on things oriental; I'm a mine of misinformation on everything.
I would have bought an 1820 whatnot to use as a bedside table, had it not been over £20000 - good to have a wish list, I guess - something to work towards.
It's great just to look at and feel these things - a learning process.

Back for coffee and a chat with Jan, so I wasn't home until tea time - wet, windy and almost dark but a great home-coming as there were two moles on the car bonnet.
Thank you Arthur .
Traps still set so I guess that there are more to come.

I cooked scallops & stir fry vegetables for dinner, followed by fresh stewed apricots with vanilla ice cream - it was delicious.
I now have to finish my sermon so that I have time to visit Sh church in the morning, before taking the service at NW.
Lots to do.

The leaves and acorns on the yard have blown to the sides like the parting of the Red Sea - should be easy to sweep up, if the wind ever drops.
 

No comments: