Tuesday 12 November 2013

Do I want a piglet?

I spent four hours this morning sweeping up wet leaves and acorns from the yard - I have never seen so many acorns as there are this year, some already rooted on the rockery.
Six barrow loads, added to the four barrow loads I collected before the monsoon!.
Then I cleaned out and moved the chickens.

That done, I had a shower to get clean and straighten my back, then to Coleshill to do some chores - I rewarded myself by booking a manicure and pedicure for tomorrow afternoon.
I spent the rest of the afternoon with Jan, planning the fund raising events for church, for next year.
So far we have
*Burns' night
*Table Sale
*Charles Hanson Valuation lunch
*Cream Teas, to coincide with the Griffin Beer Festival
*Wine and Cheese evening at a "Posh" venue - TBA.

Does anyone have any bright/new ideas??

I've just had my fish supper - chili salmon with stir fry vegetables, tomato and basil salad.
Bell ringing at 8.oopm, followed by a drink in the Griffin - trying to make the latter a tradition - I'm better at drinking than bell ringing - I don't even dribble! 

No comments: