Wednesday 6 November 2013

Out to lunch!

Up early to make a cup of tea, when I took pity on the Dyson, dissected it and washed everything removable - filters, tools, etc.
Once in the mood, I put the washing machine on then vacuumed through, binning everything that looked out of place.
Unfortunately, the recycling bin fought back and tried to break my thumb by catching it between the tray and the lid.
Ouch.
Bleeding profusely - just the job when about to do the ironing.
Protected by kitchen roll I ironed everything in sight, then set about my e mails whilst eating a toasted tea cake and flat white coffee.

Whilst suffering the disappointment of no froth for a cappuccino, I phoned Nespresso - water reservoir rusting - new one to be dispatched, then the no froth problem.
I was told to put water in the milk frother, with a little detergent and run it, to remove any clag.
After mopping up the soap suds, I phoned back to say, no change.
They will collect and replace - have to have a cappuccino out tomorrow.

I had a good scrub up, skimpy dress and black tights, then off to Purley Chase Centre for a birthday lunch with  a good buffet and excellent company.
Home by tea time.

Time to relax and write a few letters before an Alms Houses/residents meeting in a very cold church,  a visit to the Shopping Evening in the Village Hall on the way home - £2 entrance, to include a glass of yucky English wine and local cheese.
 Nothing bought, but a few locals to chat to before home to settle down.
Tired, with a cut, bruised thumb but an immaculate Dyson and clean floors.

I found an NHS site and calculated by BMI - 24.5
I knew I was still fat!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 

No comments: