Wednesday 13 November 2013

Winter?

There was a hard frost last night, which made the garden and the yard look immaculate this morning - pleasing after the efforts of yesterday.
A busy day of indulgence  - meeting a friend for coffee at M&S, Ventura Park this morning, to catch up on news, which took a couple of coffees each and nearly two hours.
I returned the jeans, ordered over  the Internet as they were 2 inches shorter than the pair bought in the shop.
Their quality control is poor.
I tried others on but failed to find any that fitted well - disappointing.
On to JS and Argos, to buy an electric blanket - Dreamland intelligent - it turns on and off depending on body temperature, can stay on all night and costs only 1 p per night.
I hope that it lives up to expectations - 20 years since I used one, I love a warm bed!
A manicure this afternoon and toenails painted purple - wicked!
I did have to walk back to the car in my socks, then park close to the garage to avoid walking across too much of the gravel - should have taken sandals as shoes wreck toe nail polish.

Parish fund raising meeting here tonight so I made a lemon sponge for refreshments and a chocolate cake to take to Bicester tomorrow.
Another day of self indulgence!                                                  

2 comments:

William said...

do you need a new pair of jeans every week?

Anonymous said...

No.
I have only one new pair, well two.
One is a little short.
My new black ones are perfect so I wanted another pair, in indigo, so that I didn't look like a clown. (short trousers - can't do much about the orange hair & big feet!)
That's all.
m
Failed again M&S!