Tuesday 5 November 2013

Why Guy Fawkes?

There have been a great many dirty deeds planned, which subsequently failed, so why do we remember Guy Fawkes above all others?
Unless you're British, you won't even know who Guy Fawkes is.
How about incinerating replicas of the 1984 Brighton bombers every year?
Perhaps there's more to GF than I'm aware of - my ignorance is immense.

  I'm relaxing after doing the schoolrun/walk with t & KP - the best part of the day, which went like clockwork....apart from T's shoes - what's a bit of dried mud anyway!
I'm about to walk into town before setting off for Solihull to collect J & Th from school.
In between, I'm planning to do a little light shopping with coffee at Pret, somewhere along the line.
The joys of retirement - sounds a pretty good day - the company of four grandchildren, shopping and coffee!
Bellringing, perhaps followed by a tonic water at the Griffin, this evening.
I am waiting for the rain to settle down a little - give it 5 minutes, at most.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, I am just listning to the Danish broadcasting talking about Guy Faulks found with the matches.
t