Thursday 24 February 2011

A Thomas & Jessie day.

May I first explain the inverted coffee pot yesterday & congratulate W on having found the model I had purchased, given no information whatever.
The day after G left, all three of the lights under the kitchen cupboards stopped working simultaneously. B says that it will be the transformer. I didn't know there was one.
The kitchen light fitting has three round, 100w energy saving bulbs, meant to last 10 years, or was it six - a long time, anyway. (they take as long to light up as it takes to fill& boil the kettle - I can do it by feel now)
In the winter, I leave this light on when I go out/away.
When I returned home from seeing JR last week two of the bulbs had gone, as in stopped working, not been nicked. That would be silly.
I have been unable to find round, 100w, bayonet fitting energy saving bulbs to replace them, so have been living in semi-darkness for a week or so.
The writing on the box was pretty small & of a font that looked credible upside down.
As W is concerned about my credibility, I won't mention that when I took out a bulb to match up, I actually took out the working one.

Anyway, the weather today has been fantastic - sunny with blue skies & a beautiful sunset - we have had a good day - familiarising, lunch, then a visit to Ash End House Farm, which was a big hit.
They have a big rubber bouncy jelly bean, which was great fun for half an hour & wore Thomas out.
We retired to JS for DVDs - Ben 10 & Dora the ex...., then across the road to McD, then home to draw farms.
We had "supper in the lounge", watching one bit of each DVD, then bed.
That was over two hours ago & I've not heard a peep yet, fingers crossed.
I've done a good part of Sunday's sermon since then & hope to finish it before bed.
Thank you God.

2 comments:

William said...

I'm just imagining you fumbling around in thedark tryiong to unpack and set up a new coffee machine. Try the supermarket for the light bulbs, I think the problem is that you are looking for a low energy bulb so it will be 18W not 100W.
Last resort, they have loads in Ikea.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
I did have one working - I replaced the good one.
m