Thursday 3 February 2011

Home at last.

I had a great couple of days with B, E T & KP, leaving on Tuesday morning to go to see JR.
The journey is difficult, by-passing Buckingham & Milton Keynes, giving rise to a lot of slow, heavy traffic with only one lane in each direction for much of the way. The new bits are excellent but unknown to my satnav, which shows me in the middle of fields for miles & having to negotiate strange roundabouts with the wrong number of exits.
I arrived in time to cook lunch, chat & then relax by the fire.
Yesterday we went for a drive around the villages, went to JS for real food, then home for lunch.
JR had a funny turn after lunch so I took him to the doctors' this morning to have his medication checked out.
This was changed & blood tests done, then on to Mary's for coffee & home for lunch.
I left at 2.30pm & got home in record time, despite a lot of heavy trucks playing catch.
The house was cold so I lit a fire & have been in the lounge ever since, enjoying being home.
I think I'll have an early night, unless the Question Time panel are outstanding.

Dreadful news from Egypt. It seems that democracy only ever comes at a high price.
Monday's celebrations replaced by violence & hatred. I think it will be a long time before we holiday there again.

T did the last blog.
His abridged version of the story lost much of the irony & flow of language but he enjoyed doing it!

3 comments:

William said...

I'm glad to see that you're not getting bored.

Anonymous said...

Only the boring are bored........maybe that needs a rethink.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had time to get anything, to be honest - only two free days since G deserted.
With aj next week, Thomas on Friday.
g